Monday, June 29, 2009

Well God Damn




His smell filled my nose and worked its way into my lungs. His lips were firm, cool to the touch—his hands, icy made me shiver as they traced a path over my ribs. He took my heat, lapping it from my tongue. This was damn good. I didn’t feel the hard bricks behind my back. Only a whisper of shock escaped when he hooked his fingers into my panties.

“Mammuh” He was pulling away.

“Mammuh” A little hand patted forearm slapping it lightly.

I opened my eyes, Dylan was smiling back at me eating zwieback cookie and drooling profusely in the process. James was standing over me smiling.

“You look so innocent when you sleep.” I frowned.

Bastard, James was a part of my problem. I realized I felt a little woozy and put my head back down on the couch thinking it would pass. James face changed to concern and he picked up Dylan, and placed his hand on my forehead.

“You’re hot”

“Thank you.” I cracked a smile and realized my entire face hurt. I frowned rolling over yawning.

“I thought you had Dylan until tomorrow.” I waved at him, goofy as hell with the exact same look on his face as his Dad. I put my hand to face; the palm of my hand was shockingly cold and made me remember my dream. I smiled again.

“I think you need to go to the Hospital” James had serious look of concern on his face.

“Who needs to go the hospital?” Don walked in with a bag full of groceries from Trader Joes.

James didn’t even bother to back away from me to let Don get closer.

“I don’t need to go the hospital.” I closed my eyes and was sucked back into my dream.

I smiled in the dream as he approached me again kissing me. I moaned, and was promptly slapped on the cheek.

“What the fuck!” I sat up so fast it scared Dylan and he gave me a dirty look like he was the one who got slapped.

Don was sitting over me now. “You’re delirious.”

“Pssht” I laid back down, now where was I?

I hated being carried more than anything. I wasn’t a Goddamn baby. But here I was being cradled by husband who was I am pretty sure…shorter than me. He seat belted me into the car then put an icepack on the back of my neck.

What the fuck, I pulled it off and vaguely noticed that James was buckling Dylan into his car seat and climbing in next to him.

“If I am so sick do you really think you should have the baby around me?” Why was I so dizzy? And nauseas? Oh shit what if I was pregnant again, that would be some shit.

We pulled up to the hospital and I couldn’t be bothered to get out of the car, Don yanked the door open and tried to make get into a wheel chair.

“I’ll walk”

Stumble more like it. Why the hell was everyone staring at me?

“Maybe because you look like a damn drunk?” I opened my eyes. What the hell? I was laying in hospital bed covered in a damn freezing contraption that I suppose was supposed to bring my temperature down.

Don was sitting next to me, James and Dylan were nowhere in site.

“What happened?” I pulled an oxygen mask off.

“You took two steps out of the car and passed out, nearly hitting your head. You had 103 temperature.”

“I don’t get fevers” I shook my head

“How do you feel now?” Don was being very clinical.

“Cold, tired.” Don nodded.

“They are going to keep you for awhile, they don’t know what you have it might just be a virus, they are running some tests but they want your fever to be below 100.”

I looked at the IV in my arm.

“I slept through all of this?”

Don nodded.

He was mad; I could tell his lip was tight and slightly pushed out. He took his glasses off to rub the bridge of his nose.

I felt a pang in my chest, he was so handsome, it was like when he took his glasses of he wasn’t Clark Kent anymore. He wasn’t any taller, stronger or richer but he was mine. He was the man that only I got to see.

I reached out and took his hand, I could barely reach it. He encircled my wrist before he looked up at me. He stood up, kissed me then turned at walked out of the hospital room.

Panic shot through my body and I started sobbing. I tried to tell myself I was jumping to far ahead, but I knew something had changed within him.

No comments: