Friday, February 18, 2005

Nowhere to go but forward.


Posted by Hello
Hell I had already hit rock bottom, there was no way to go but up. My other choice was death or jail, which as far as I am concerned was worse than death. Greyhound leaves every hour on the hour, I scanned the schedule board waiting for something to jump out.

San Francisco

If you ask me it was full of freaks and vegetarians, I shouldn’t stick out too bad.

24 dollars later I was tucked into a window seat pretending to be asleep. I should have bought some fuckin headphones. A little girl, about fourteen was making her way down the aisle toward me her belly hanging over her low riding pants. I could smell her damn bubble gum from where I was sitting.

Jesus

She sat down and started pulling things out a pink Hello Kitty backpack. A cellphone, a magazine, some more fucking gum. She dialed the phone and damned if she didn’t start talking, and keep talking for an hour straight. I yelled at the bus driver.

"Hey! Isn’t there a no God damn phone rule."

He looked at me in the rearview mirror. The little bitch pouted with her smelly purple glitter gloss then rolled her eyes.

Just outside of Sacramento I pulled my knife out and started cleaning my nails. That shut her up. I had a half an hour to eat and get back on the bus, but I needed to score. It wouldn’t be too hard, there was shit for food, Burger King and some damn bar that was closed.

I kept my eyes open for a dealer and pulled out a cigarette. Three puffs in, a man with a stick up ass walked over, swiped my half eaten food into a garbage can that he was carrying and told me to get out.

I did, after blowing smoke in his face. He started to grab my arm, and thought better of it. I walked outside still keeping and eye out for my score.

It wasn’t far off. Across the street I found a meth head with some Percocet he stole from his grandma. Two pills, a couple of drags on his joint and a 1/5 of Vodka later I climbed back on the bus with a mouth full of gum and promptly passed out.

"Domestic report at 1711 N Street, return"

"Copy that, car 67 in route"

"Proceed with caution, weapon not known wait for backup"

Somewhere in my haze I knew something wasn’t right. When the realization struck my heart started pounding so hard that it took all of my control not to kick out and scream. I slowly opened my eyes rubbing them.

I saw the officer standing before me his hand on his gun, another not far away. Where the fuck was I?

I looked around, still on the bus. We must a pulled in and they couldn’t wake me up. Jesus it was fucking dark already.

I stretched and did a girly little squirm sticking my unbound breasts out.

"What time is it?"

"6:30", the officer answered.

"I must have fallen asleep."

"Must have." he looked smug

I stood up grabbing my jacket. The officer held his hand out for me to stop.

"What are you doing here?"

I tried to look confused, hell it wasn’t hard I was confused.

"I bought a ticket." I pulled it out of my back pocket.

The officer took it and looked at it.

"Ma’am, this bus is scheduled for maintenance, you’re still in Sacramento."

"Fuck!"I said outloud

"Ma’am, do you have any identification."

"Shit" I kept that one to myself.

No comments: